I know everything I know

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Our Halloween 2005

Die Pumkin! Die!Halloween has now come and gone.

We ended up not doing much at all to celebrate. We did carve a pumpkin, but we didn’t dress up.

We’ve been dressing up every year since we’ve been together too. It’s strange that the year we should have really been celebrating it, we ended up doing nothing. Of course that is mainly my fault…since I got all confused.

I’m just still having difficulty deciding if I want to practice any form of paganism or not. I know my mind wants me to, but my heart doesn’t seem to be in it. I seem to have lost my inspiration…hopefully I can find it again.

Our pumpkin did turn out pretty good though. So at least Ashley got to do that. She enjoys carving them. It’s one of the things she makes me do each year as she attempts to give us some “traditions” of some kind or other. She tries really hard at that, and I usually just fight her every step of the way…which I always feel guilty for after the fact.

So this year we carved a pumpkin. Then we bought two huge bags of candy. We sat up the candy in our little plastic candy bowl pumpkin by the door and then settled in to watch scary movies.

Are there any scary movies anymore? Well if there are…we didn’t find them. We also didn’t get any trick-or-treaters. That’s partly because of where we are located in town. It’s also partly…and a lotly…due to many children not being allowed to go around due to their Conservative Christian parents.

Apparently, they’ve had the realization in the last few years that Halloween will steal their child’s soul through candy addiction or something. So…in typical Christian fashion…they have decided to co-op it into some sort of anti-hell campaign night. But I digress…

So we didn’t dress up. Our movies were a flop. No trick-or-treaters showed up. I totally ruined that picture...but ain't baby nick a cutie!!We didn’t do a ritual. Nothing. It was a complete loss and all my fault really.

But then…

My sister and her baby-daddy stopped by to show off her son in his first Halloween costume. That made it all better.

Little Nick was dressed as a Georgia Bulldogs football player….his daddy is a fan. The poor Georgia boy is now having to live in The Valley…but that’s a whole other story. ;) Anyway, Little Nick was cute as always. Ashley can’t ever seem to get enough of him.

No comments: