I know everything I know

Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Job at the USCA Helpdesk

Me...happy but still half asleep.

About a week ago, I started my new job with the USCA Computer Services Helpdesk. I haven’t been very intuitive where my career is concerned lately, but I do have a good feeling about this job.

Within an hour or two I actually felt pretty comfortable with everyone I was working with and the position in general. That’s extremely unusual for me. I typically keep up a “polite front” for a couple of weeks. Although, now that I think about it…maybe I haven’t been doing that lately.

Amanda, Troy, Lamar and Tina

The Helpdesk has four full-time state employees, including myself, plus four part-time work-study students.

Amanda wakes up from nap. Lamar chit chatting.

The job has to this point been extremely easy. In fact, the only complaint I have is that we don’t really seem to DO anything. Even when we do something…it doesn’t amount to much. I could easily say that what all eight of us do together as a whole is probably only about a third of what I’m used to doing by myself. But I’m getting used to it. I can’t exactly complain too loudly about having too little to do…or at least I won’t anyway.

No comments: