I know everything I know

Friday, May 12, 2006

Purity Balls!???

Purity Balls? Isn't that a contradiction? I know my balls are anything but pure as are most I should think. But in such lovely places as Colorado Springs, they've somehow found a way to turn formal balls into a sort of Ultra-Christian Pseudo-Pagan Anti-Fertility Rite. Only in America actually the French want to do a documentary, but its probably just to mock us. For once, I have to agree with them. Vu crazy Americans!

So dads dress up their four year old and up daughters. Take them out for a night on the town complete with ballroom dancing and virginity pledges. Then yell, scream and holler when the first boy they end up screwing a few years later is a pot smoking, skateboard toting, deadhead from the wrong side of the tracks. As doctor Phil would say, Boy I'm gonna have to smack you. Are you stupid or something!? You just don't get it.

Well I know I just don't get it. I'm writing this one off to their god having a better sense of humor than I give him credit for.

Check it out for yourself. Mark Morford has written a column on it.
(Christian Virgins are Overrated |
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/gate/archive/2006/05/12/notes051206.DTL)


Or you can even check out the gleeful claims of proud fathers right on the Focus on the Family website touting that, some dads brought more than one daughter, and some of the daughters were as young as 4. Yeah that god of theirs is a funny guy.
(May I have this dance? | http://www.family.org/fofmag/pf/a0025000.cfm)

No comments: