I know everything I know

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Lunch with Ervin

Had lunch with Ervin today. I worked with Ervin while I was at Maytag/Dixie-Narco. Since I have a couple of weeks off, I thought I’d try to catch up with people I haven’t seen in awhile.

Since I left, there have been fist fights, arrests, several of the people I really liked have moved on, and one person I really liked was fired under extremely questionable circumstances. There has been some progress, but all in all, I’m glad I left when I did. If I had taken either of the positions they offered me in Washington state or Iowa, I think I would have regretted it.

It was good seeing Ervin again. He’s a good guy who’s getting a bad deal. Luckily he’s finally gotten some help. Maytag closed another plant up in Florence and they moved the one and only IT guy they had up there down to work with Ervin at Dixie. I’m glad, because even though it wasn’t my fault I had to leave there…I still felt bad about leaving him stuck there by himself.

No comments: